Kamal K. Jabbar
Partner at Keystone Law Middle East LLP
Banking & Finance
Corporate & Commercial
Kamal is a Partner at Keystone Law Middle East LLP with over 18 years of banking, finance, corporate and commercial law experience in the MENA region.
An England & Wales qualified barrister, he advises individuals, start-ups and SMEs in mitigating legal risk and expanding their operations in the Middle East and beyond.
Prior to joining Keystone Law, Kamal was a Partner at Davidson & Co. heading its Banking and Corporate (non-contentious) division. He has also served as Head of Legal at Standard Chartered Bank (Pakistan) and its Regional Senior Legal Counsel for Africa, Middle East and Pakistan based out of the Dubai International Financial Centre.
With a solution-oriented focus Kamal counsels a wide range of clients from diverse industries and with distinct legal requirements.
- Acted for a major international lender as agent bank in a USD$3bn syndicated financing to a national bank. With 21 international financial institutions and a total enhanced funding of US$3.5bn in 2018, this was one of the largest transactions of its kind in the Middle East at the time.
- Advised a leading lender in relation to a US$200m, multi-currency revolving facility to one of Saudi Arabia’s largest conglomerates.
- Advised, negotiated and finalized financial product documentation and custody services arrangements on behalf of Standard Chartered Bank (DIFC) with some of the most prominent investors and intermediaries operating in the region.
- Negotiated a settlement on behalf of minority shareholders in a leading trading company in the GCC region.
- Advised a high-net worth individual in offshore structures, banking arrangements, the acquisition and disposal of international assets and succession planning.
- Advised a boutique technology company incorporate, structure its business and enter into lucrative contracts with international counterparts.
- Advised various entrepreneurs, start-ups and SMEs in the UAE on business formation, investments, governance and growth.
- Sole Legal Adviser to two international, award-winning feature films.